Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ex-Idol Producer Fires Back at Paula Abdul

Paula Abdul
Former American Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe is responding to Paula Abdul's recent claims that the show ignored her pleas to keep her alleged stalker Paula Goodspeed from auditioning.

"I don't remember Paula Abdul ever saying, 'Don't bring this one or that one in,' Lythgoe told Usmagazine.com at the Superstars of Dance press day in Los Angeles on Thursday. "But she says she did - I believe her.

"My point is, this young woman went through the audition process. None of us believed she posed any danger to Paula," he went on. "Believe me, if we had, she wouldn't have been in the room.

Watch Paula Goodspeed's Idol audition.

"We had someone who was a very huge fan of Paula's, and we thought Simon [Cowell] would have great fun with," he told Us. "That's all."

Look back at the most famous Idol contestants of all time.

On Nov. 11, Goodspeed died of an apparent suicide
outside of Abdul's L.A. home.

"This horrible thing happened outside her home," Lythgoe said. "It's like she's saying, 'Don't blame me. It's not my fault.' And she's right.

"It's not anybody's fault," he continued. "It's certainly not American Idol's fault."

Added Lythgoe, "I don't know what goes through someone's head when they choose to commit suicide, but I believe this poor girl was going through a very sad period in her life. Now it should be left for the family to grieve."

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Teens Make Money Online 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP