Saturday, December 13, 2008

Avril Lavigne Does Prestige Hong Kong

Avril Lavigne


Avril Lavigne is the December 2008 cover girl for Prestige Hong Kong magazine. I love the photo shoot that goes along with the magazine. It’s edgy and cool. How hot does Avril look as a doll? Here are some highlights of the interview:

On her parents being supportive of her: My parents were really supportive. My dad would make me come home from school and practice every night. They would both encourage me to play instruments like the piano and the guitar, and we had drums at home. They drove me around to all my different gigs and supported me. That’s why I’m here.

On her musical influences growing up: I listened to CCR [Creedence Clearwater Revival], The Beatles and The Beach Boys a lot. I loved The Beach Boys. That was the tape that was always playing in the family vehicle on our vacations. When I got into music and had money and was able to buy my own CDs, I got into Alanis Morissette’s Jagged Little Pill,Blink-182, Green Day and all the local punk bands.

On being the most comfortable singing: Yes, and it’s like that for a lot of people. I’ll go out onstage and be really loud and jump around. I’m like that with my music and in my videos. When people meet me, they expect me to be the loud one in the room. Because they’ve watched you on TV they expect a lot, but when they meet me they say, “You’re so quiet and you’re so little.”

On the drawbacks of success: The only bad thing would be negativity and judgment. You know how people paint a picture and say things, or someone will write on the Internet, “She did this, she did that” and I didn’t. Little things like that are the only things. That’s why I don’t let it get to me. Because everything else is such an experience and so fun.

On coping with media attention: I stay away from trendy streets. I go out occasionally with my girlfriends to clubs. I do my best here in LA to keep to myself. You kind of learn the areas where paparazzi hang out so I just don’t go there.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Teens Make Money Online 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP